The Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) offers a national certification (CBIS) program through its Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists (ACBIS). This two-day training is the official course designed to prepare participants to sit for the Certification Exam and join more than 7,000 Certified Brain Injury Specialists worldwide.
To obtain certification, candidates must complete the required work experience/training and pass an examination.
Brain injury-serving organizations value hiring and training CBIS certified staff, because it allows them to work with and promote clinicians who understand the unique needs of persons recovering from brain injury and staying abreast of current resources in the field.
The ACBIS Training Course will focus on:
- Diagnostic imaging
- Medical, physical, cognitive, neurobehavioral, and psychosocial consequences
- Pediatrics, adolescents, and aging with a TBI
- Concussions and mTBI
- Disorders of consciousness
- Rehabilitation philosophy, outcome measurement, and care management
- Effect of injuries on families
- Cultural, gender, and sexuality issues
- Military populations
- Participation and return to work
Enroll in this self-paced, 13 contact hour training, and take the CBIS exam proctored by ARC Seminars at one of our upcoming live event dates!
Price includes: 13-CEU course; downloadable course manual; examination fee
(normally priced at $299)
*click here to view available dates for examination*